Saturday 16 April 2011

early bird breakfast


On Saturdays I usually make scones for breakfast (most because my little one loves them, he is not a big fan of bread otherwise). Lately I have tried to mix things up a bit but I find that hard with scones.


Here is my recipe for Hazelnuts scones:
8 dl Flour
½ tsp Salt
4 tsp Baking powder
100 g Butter or margarine
4 dl Milk
(1 tsp Suger, optional, I never use it)
And finally my not-so-secret- ingredient Hazelnuts (add as many hazelnuts as you like)


Set your owen on 225 degrees C and put baking parchment on a baking tray.
Mix all the dry ingredients i a bowl, hack the butter or margarine in small pieces and work them in to the dry ingredients. Then shop up the desired amount of hazelnuts and mix them evenly in the bowl.
Finally you add the milk and work it in to a scone batter... do not overdo it.
Put the batter on to the baking parchment evenly so they make round cakes and make marks with a knife so you get for pieces on one cake.
Bake for approximately 13 minutes, then they are all done.
Enjoy!


They are best served with tea (it is the tiny little english girl I have inside of me that is telling you so) and they are best topped with butter and honey.

                   

GOOD LUCK MAKING MY HAZELNUT SCONES!


LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment